June 30, 2020
We have previously mentioned that getting a massage should not be considered as a luxury but instead a biological necessity. It relieves muscle tension caused by all forms of stress, improving our immunity and mental health.
Sore trigger points aka muscle knot or lamig happen to our bodies when a muscle contraction is present. It can happen when you have a bad posture, stress, injuries or even when you sit or lay down for too long.
1. Press on or roll the sore trigger points with your fingers, knuckles or even a tennis ball. Make sure to not spend more than five seconds on one spot, this can cut off blood flow and can prevent the muscles from healing.
2. Start with your hands, the common sore trigger point is the muscle between the thumb and forefinger and squeeze. This mainly gets sore when you use too much of your phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
3. Prevention from having carpal tunnel syndrome is massaging your forearm. You can do this by simply using your knuckles or the base of your palm. Gently roll from the wrist to your elbow, do this on both sides of your forearm.
4. If you noticed you’ve been having headaches, check your neck muscles behind the ear to your collarbone. Slide your fingers and gently massage your way through it. This sore trigger point is caused by looking down at our computers/laptops and keyboard for too long.
5. Use massage oil or lotion to improve the glide. Use broad strokes and move in one direction, ideally toward the heart. This improves the lymphatic flow and drainage around the body. Lymphatic drainage can also speed up healing from injury and reduce swelling.
6. Book a professional massage therapist from MassageMNL. There are sore trigger points in our body that we may not be able to reach on our own. And let’s face it, it is better to let a professional get rid of those lamig so you can relax at the same time.