MassageMNL Home Series: Snacks
MassageMNL’s Top 5 favorite go-to hearty snacks
Covid-19 has brought millions of people together as they showcase their skills in cooking. If there is anything we gained, these are self-made chefs and maybe some weight. As the world struggles to get back on its feet, and even if everything will never be back to normal, internet connection is upping its game providing everyone sanity and its saving grace. It became our best friend; allowing us to make our very own cookbook and keeping us sane by watching tons of videos, complicated dishes made to an easy heart warming food that can be made right in your kitchen. People who were not fond of cooking-- like me, enjoyed and looked forward to cooking. Many have turned into bakers and chefs. From master in binge watching to sous chef real quick is real.
We have collated 5 random snacks we loved and enjoyed doing. Very easy for people who are just starting to try cooking or just simply hungry for some easy snacks.
1. TiktTok Pasta
If you are into pasta, you may try the famous Tiktok Pasta aka Baked Feta Pasta. 7 ingredients, easy preparations, mostly available in your kitchen, and in just 35-40 minutes you are ready to enjoy your pasta while pairing it with wine as you browse through your phone.
The bare minimum that you need for this recipe is cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, a block of feta and pasta. But adding garlic, fresh herbs and lemon zest is a hands-off way to take the flavor up a notch.
For our favorite version of TikTok baked feta pasta, you’ll need:
• Cherry tomatoes
• Olive oil
• Crushed garlic
• Salt and pepper
• 1 block feta cheese
• Fresh basil
The quantities can vary based on the size of your baking dish, so just eyeball the ingredients as you cook and use your best judgment.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Add the tomatoes to a baking dish. Drizzle them with olive oil and toss until they're evenly coated.
3. Add a few cloves of crushed garlic to the dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the tomatoes.
4. Place the block of feta in the center of the tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil onto the feta, then top it with dried oregano and lemon zest. You can also add other spices, like crushed red pepper flakes, if you’d like.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the tomatoes are roasted and the feta is soft and melty. While it bakes, boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta of your choice according to package instructions.
6. Remove the dish from the oven and add chopped or torn basil to the top. Use a spoon to break up the cheese and stir everything together to create a sauce.
7. Add the cooked pasta and mix until evenly coated.
Recipe by: https://www.purewow.com/food/tiktok-baked-feta-pasta-recipe
2. Crispy Microwave Potato Chips
Feeling snacky, want chips but chips bought in the market are not healthy? With just 3 ingredients, in 5-10 minutes, we got you and your new go-to movie snack! Move aside, fries.
Healthier alternative with all-natural ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Salt and pepper OR any seasoning you prefer
Beautifully cooked, crunchy Potato Chips made in the Microwave. Now just make them yourselves and spread the word.
1. To make Potato Chips, you thinly slice potatoes with a chopping knife (you can use a serrated knife if that’s the only one you have).
2. Plunge the thinly sliced potato into an ice bath. This washes away the starch and helps the chips crisp once cooked.
3. Pat the potato slices dry and lay them in a single layer on a plate lined with parchment paper. Brush both sides of each slice with some olive oil and sprinkle over some salt/chosen seasoning.
4. Microwave for a few minutes then flip over and microwave again until crisp and golden.
Recipe by: https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/homemade-potato-chips-made-microwave/
3. Nature’s Cereal
Healthier alternative that is lactose free, sugar free, and just really refreshing. A hearty breakfast or snack meal. This one's for you.
The Nature Cereal Recipe is so easy.
• Pomegranate seeds
• Chopped mint (optional)
• Coconut water
You can explore and try to mix in different fruits that are available and affordable. Just make sure to mix it with coconut water and ice.
1. Using your chosen prettiest bowl, pour in all your chosen fruits (chopped)
2. Add coconut water and ice
3. Mix and enjoy!
Photo and recipe by: https://thishealthytable.com/blog/natures-cereal/
4. Pizza from Scratch
Leveling up your cooking game? Carbs! Carbs! Carbs! But hey, who doesn't like pizzas, right? Here's to your very own DIY pizza from scratch.
This quick and easy no-yeast pizza dough only takes 15 minutes to make and is a great substitute for the classic when ingredients are in short supply.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• ¾ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ cup water
• 1 tsp oil
• Tomato sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the olive oil to the water, then pour them both into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until a shaggy ball of dough forms and no more dry flour remains on the bottom of the bowl. If the dough does not come together in one piece or there is still dry flour in the bowl, add a small amount of water (1 Tbsp at a time) until the dough comes together.
3. Turn the dough out onto a clean, lightly floured surface and knead just a few times, or until the dough feels evenly mixed (no hard or dry pieces). Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes to relax the gluten.
4. Stretch or roll the dough out into your desired shape, making sure not to stretch it to less than ¼-inch thick.
5. Place the dough on your preferred pan (prepared with either parchment or a good dusting of cornmeal or flour), then top the pizza with your favorite sauce and toppings. Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned on top. Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe by: https://www.budgetbytes.com/no-yeast-pizza-dough/
5. Everyday Oatmeal
A classic and traditional world’s favorite power breakfast (or snack) can never go wrong. Here’s our favorite mix. Try it, you won’t regret it!
Oatmeal bowls are the most fun breakfast or snack staple because you can dress them up as much or as little as you’d like. Not to mention, one of the healthiest too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup oats
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Prepare the pan. Put the following: Oats, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix it well and let is simmer in medium heat
2. Once your desired consistency is achieved, transfer the mixture on your bowl
3. Add your chosen fruits and top t with a chocolate
4. Add some coconut and P&B
5. Mix and enjoy
Recipe by: https://publiclivessecretrecipes.com/
Share with us your Covid-19 go-to and favorite snack :)