We can’t deny the fact that we are now living in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The way our parents or grandparents raised us sometimes can’t be practiced anymore. We all indeed want to raise our kids as a better version of ourselves but that can be a tough task. As we deal with work and home responsibilities, we can end up losing ourselves in the process. With many resources, made possible by the internet, you might end up lost and confused. So here are some helpful parenting tips for all our amazing modern-day moms.
- Encourage your child to taste and try different types of food. You can do this by allowing them to help you prepare food (no knives or sharp objects for them of course). It's a nice way to bond with them and at the same time, you are introducing them to the kitchen.
- Create a regular bedtime routine. This will allow you and your child to get the optimal sleeping pattern and can improve everyone’s overall health. Make sure to turn off devices and remove them from your kid’s room hours before they go to sleep.
- Children will often misbehave and how you discipline them will have a lasting effect. Instead of focusing on punishment, reward them for their positive behaviors. Your children will want to repeat those experiences and will be instilled in them.
- Another tip when disciplining is that it’s okay to say no but make sure to explain to your children why. If you get angry at them, remember to apologize after. This will create an impact as they grow older.
- Since we want our children to succeed, we may unconsciously pressure them academically. What you can do instead is to praise them not because of their grades or scores but for their effort and hard work. Step up as a parent when they are struggling with their studies and offer them as much help as you can.
There is no perfect way of parenting but these are some tips on how we can manage a better family as a modern-day mom.
We would love to hear from you, what are the other parenting tips that you can share? Message us on our social media accounts and we might feature you.